Sunday, December 24, 2017

Through the eye of a needle... advanced to the next round of the Fantasy Premier League Cup

This week in the  Fantasy Premier League I encountered an interesting situation. Here is what the points for my team looked like after all the games were played and the points had been rewarded

I ended up with 82 points.




And here is how many points my cup opponent had.


As you can see we both had 82 points. I then started to wonder who would advance?

I looked up the rules

How the cup works Each qualifying team will be randomly drawn against another in the first round. The winner (the team with the highest Gameweek score minus any transfer points), will progress to the second round and another random draw, the losers are out! This process continues until the final round when the two remaining teams contest the cup final. If a cup match is drawn, then the following tie-breaks will be applied until a winner is found: 

Most goals scored in the Gameweek 
Fewest goals conceded in the Gameweek 
Virtual coin toss

So then I checked the goals scored. We both had 5 goals scored. I then checked how many goals we conceded. I conceded 3, while my opponent conceded 5.  I also was very lucky that his bench looked like this, there was nobody to replace his defender  :-)


The end result was this.




If this was reversed, I would have been really pissed

I am sure that I will be eliminated from the cup next week now that I made this post....  :-(

No comments: