Sunday, January 4, 2009

Lego Toys From 30 Years Ago Still In Use

When I went to Amsterdam recently I brought back a huge suitcase full of lego bricks. I have played with some of the bricks in that suitcase over 30 years ago.
I found the following 2 little cars in there:

Lego Fire And Police Car 1978

They don't make them like that anymore, these were from the following two sets


This was made in 1978 so over 30 years ago by now. I also have the train tracks which were blue before they made the grey colored ones. I had so much fun with Legos when I was a kid and hope that my kids will enjoy these little bricks also. Legos are probably one of the best toys ever made, the good thing about them is that you can use those old bricks with the bricks that they make nowadays, it will never be outdated.

4 comments:

Aaron Bertrand said...

Denis I had those exact same cars. You lost the lights on top!?

I will admit I was much more into the space lego at that time.

Also I wouldn't say "never" but probably your kids' kids will still have the same type of interlocking bricks.

Anonymous said...

>>You lost the lights on top!?

Nope, still have them, I have another suitcase in Amsterdam that I still have to bring over

>>I will admit I was much more into the space lego at that time.

I pretty much have everything they made between 78 and 83 in the space category, have a bunch of those crater plates

Anonymous said...

I'm partial to the pirate ship. I didn't get into the lego game till about '86 though, the old cars look fun.

Abeba Nasih said...

It’s amazing, the Lego toy that the blogger played 30 years ago. When the son played it, he can continue to collect it for his grandson. It can be passed down as a heirloom.