Wednesday, August 16, 2017

San Francisco day 0... getting there

We decided to visit San Francisco as part of a family vacation. This is day 0 of that vacation, getting there.

We got up nice and early, ate breakfast and arrived at the airport at around 8:50 AM. Our flight was at 11. I must say that this fast the shortest line I had ever seen at the TSA, it tool us maybe 5 minutes to pass through.

Once we made it past TSA, we went to our gate and waited. After 30 minutes, the announced that the plane was delayed because of fog and clouds in San Francisco

So we walked around and looked at airplanes and took some pictures



They started boarding at 11 and we all got on the plane... of course now we had to decide who was getting the 2 window seats between the 5 of us  :-)



I like how Virgin America did the lights in the airplane, it looked really cool

Here is a short timelapse from the takeoff


A post shared by Denis Gobo (@denisgobo) on

After the takeoff, it would take about 6 hours to fly from Newark to San Francisco.

I read a good number of pages of the book Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow by Yuval Noah Harari

Looking out of the window, I noticed these strange circles



Here is also a pic of the mountains that my son took



One of the movies available on the plane was Logan, I watched that, it was ok, I thought the little girl was pretty good

After we landed we took a cab to the house. We then headed over to Whole Foods to get some waters and some food. I noticed that there are many more instacart people working in this Whole Foods than in the one in Princeton.



We walked back past Fillmore street



Back at the house we ate, showered  and went to bed

I am writing this at 4 AM...because jetlag  :-(

Today day 1 starts.. that will be its own post


No comments: