Monday, May 15, 2017

Kaizen Day 34, May 14 2017

This post is part of my daily kaizen routine, this is day 34 of that routine

Since it is Mother's Day, I decided not to go to the gym today. I got up at 4 AM, had my coffee and went for a 2 hour walk since nobody else gets up before 7 AM anyway

I snapped this pic, it's kind of cool, you can see the reflection of the moon in the canal


TIL
While listening to the stuff you should know podcast, I learned about 2 scales used to determine the severity of a coma, these 2 scales are

Glasgow Coma Scale (GCS)
Rancho Los Amigos Scale (RLAS)

Here is what wikipedia has to say about these 2 scales if you are interested in learning about them

Glasgow Coma Scale (GCS) is a neurological scale which aims to give a reliable and objective way of recording the conscious state of a person for initial as well as subsequent assessment. A patient is assessed against the criteria of the scale, and the resulting points give a patient score between 3 (indicating deep unconsciousness) and either 14 (original scale) or 15 (the more widely used modified or revised scale).



The Rancho Los Amigos Scale (RLAS), a.k.a. the Rancho Los Amigos Levels of Cognitive Functioning Scale (LOCF) or Rancho Scale, is a medical scale used to assess individuals after a closed head injury, including traumatic brain injury, based on cognitive and behavioural presentations as they emerge from coma.[1] It is named after the Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center, located in Downey, California, United States in Los Angeles County.



I only knew 2 people who were in a coma, both of these people died within a week and both were family members


At the end of my walk, I had walked 12,000 steps and had climbed 15 floors



Back home when everyone was up, my oldest son made delicious omelettes with spring onions and Gruyère cheese, we also had bacon on the side

I cut up some fresh fruit and we also had this fruit salad



With sadness I saw that Feyenoord won the Dutch soccer title, Feyenoord has not won in 18 years. My team Ajax finished second, this means that they can enter Champions League qualifications via the 3rd round.  Ajax is also playing the Europa Cup Final against Manchester United
Here are the final standings

 

For dinner, we had grilled chicken, spring mix salad, sweet potatoes as well as yellow potatoes baked in the oven

My oldest son made chocolate chip cookies, I had two of those for dessert



Activity for the day

Total steps:  16,865
Total floors: 25
Total distance: 7.3 miles

No comments: