Sunday, April 23, 2017

Kaizen Day 12/13, Apr 21/22 2017

This post is part of my daily kaizen routine, this is day 12/13 of that routine


April 21

I worked from home today, mostly because we had a bunch of meetings, it doesn't make sense to go into the office just to dial into meetings

I woke up at 5, had my coffee and then rode my bike to the gym. I did a back, bicep and leg workout and the rode my back back home. I was back home by 7:30 AM

When I got home I started to make the bone broth, since this is a chicken bone broth, you don't need to have it simmer for 20 hours, 8-9 hours is all it needs.

Bone broth finished and stored in jars
I use the bone broth to drink hot on a cold winter day, I also use it as a base for soups and risotto


For dinner we had chicken with sweet potatoes and a salad. I saved the bones again and froze them. Once I have a decent number of bones I will make another bone broth


Total steps:  11,109
Total floors: 18
Total distance: 5.2 miles


April 22

Today I did a 4 mile run at the canal, started at 7 AM

For breakfast I had eggs, roasted peppers and an English muffin


Made some tomato sauce because my oldest son wanted pasta for lunch. I took out a quarter of the tomato sauce for him. I added some bone broth to the rest of the sauce blended it and turned it into delicious tomato soup.  I then made hot cheese sandwiches (paninis) to go with the soup for me and the two youngest kids... They gobbled it up in 2 minutes


For dinner we had burgers with sweet potato fries and a mixed green salad

I started to watch Warcraft..I stopped watching after 45 minutes, I like the main actor Travis Fimmel from the show Vikings but the movie was just very disappointing. I also never played Warcraft or World of Warcraft so maybe that had something to do with it. How did this movie get a 7 rating on IMBD?


I listened to Tim Ferriss podcast with Dorian Yates: Dorian Yates on High Intensity Training, Injury Prevention, and Building Maximum Muscle that was really interesting.



Total steps:  15,607
Total floors: 13
Total distance: 6.8

No comments: