Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Kaizen Day 17, Apr 26 2017

This post is part of my daily kaizen routine, this is day 17 of that routine

Whenever I plan to go to the city I set my alarm to go off at 4 AM. I will always wake up by myself around 3:57 AM, the alarm will almost never go off while I am still sleeping. Today I woke up at 3:35 AM. I decided to get up...what is the point trying to get another 25 minutes of sleep in

I made myself a cold brew coffee the night before and I drank this between 4 and 4:30 AM

I left the house at 4:30 AM, walked to the train station, this took 40 minutes. I caught the 5:20 train, I read about 30 pages of the book Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen . The train arrived at  Newark at 5:55 or so, got on the PATH train and arrived at the World Trade Center station around 6:20. I then walked to the New York Sports Club gym on Broad street and did push-ups, shoulders and triceps as part of my workout. I also did 20 minutes of cardio which burned a total of 230 calories


Arrived at  the office a little before 8 AM

Had yogurt with fruit for breakfast

I attended the S&P Global shareholders meeting today. This was the first shareholders meeting I attended in person. After the meeting I decided that this will be the last shareholders meeting I will attend in person, I will just dial in from my desk next time.

For lunch I had a bean burrito and an avocado

I took a 25 minute lunch walk around Wall Street

Left work at 4:30 PM, got to Princeton at 6:10. my wife picked me up, so I didn't walk home today

For dinner we had the same as last night: lentil soup


Total steps:  25,490
Total floors: 23
Total distance: 11.9 miles



No comments: