Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Kaizen Day 2, Apr 11 2017

This post is part of my daily kaizen routine, this is day two of that routine


Today I got up at 3:57 AM, whenever I go to NYC which is normally on Tuesday or Thursday, I set my alarm at 4 AM. I will wake up before the alarm goes off most of the time, this was true today as well

Coffee...


I made myself a cold brew coffee the night before and I drank this between 4 and 4:30 AM

I left the house at 4:30 AM, walked to the train station, this took 40 minutes. I caught the 5:20 train, I read about 30 pages of the book When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi . The train arrived at  Newark at 5:55 or so, got on the PATH train and arrived at the World Trade Center station around 6:20. I then walked to the New York Sports Club gym on Broad street and did back and biceps as part of my workout. I also did 21 minutes of cardio which burned a total of 250 calories

After the gym I went to the office. I brought my breakfast and lunch from home today. For breakfast I had yogurt with fresh strawberries and a clementine




At lunch time I had dinner left overs from the night before, pasta with farm raised ground beef and cauliflower


Going home I did the exact opposite from the morning (makes sense ..how else would I end up home?)

My wife made pasta fagioli with swiss chard, I had that for dinner. As dessert I had 1 clementine and 1 kiwi


Here are also the steps and floors for today,  a little over 25 K steps and I climbed 17 floors... not bad



You are probably thinking what I do while doing all this walking... the answer is simple..I listen to podcasts. Some of the podcasts I listen to at 2X speed, this is always true for the Joe Rogan podcast

Here is what I listened to today

Started yesterday and finished today
Joe Rogan
#943. Moshe Kasher is a stand-up comedian, writer and actor. His new show “Problematic” premieres on...


Finished all these

.NET Rocks


Stuff you missed in history class


Trianulation 293


Tim Ferriss


Started
Joe Rogan
#944. Scott Eastwood is an actor and model, and is also in "The Fate of the Furious" releasing in theaters on April 14. 
Cameron Hanes is a bowhunting athlete, “training intensively each and every day to become the Ultimate Predator.”


That is all for today...next post will be tomorrow

No comments: