Friday, April 21, 2017

Kaizen Day 11, Apr 20 2017

This post is part of my daily kaizen routine, this is day 11 of that routine

Woke up at 4 to go to New York City and the gym. This plan got derailed really fast, I had to log into work because there were some problems with the testing DB servers. It took about 90 minutes to get it all resolved,  because of that I didn't have time to go to the gym and make it to the office at a reasonable time.

I walked to the station, took the train to Newark Penn Station, from there I took the path to Worl Trade Center. I then walked to the office.

Had a sandwich from Le Pain for breakfast

At lunch time I got myself a Korean bi bim bap bowl




I decided to take a little walk after lunch since it was such a nice day. I walked around for 30 minutes or so and took some pictures.

Me having grown up in Amsterdam, I couldn't help myself, I had to take a picture of these beautiful tulips in new Amsterdam






This is a pic looking over at Broad Street with Fraunces Tavern in the front, you can see the office building I work in in the back ground



Here is a short part about Fraunces Tavern from Wikipedia 

Fraunces Tavern is a landmark museum and restaurant in New York City, situated at 54 Pearl Street at the corner of Broad Street. The location played a prominent role in history before, during and after the American Revolution, serving as a headquarters for George Washington, a venue for peace negotiations with the British, and housing federal offices in the Early Republic. It has been owned by Sons of the Revolution in the State of New York Inc. since 1904, which carried out a major conjectural reconstruction, and claim it is Manhattan's oldest surviving building. The museum interprets the building and its history, along with varied exhibitions of art and artifacts.[4] The tavern is a tourist site and a part of the American Whiskey Trail and the New York Freedom Trail

Left work around 5 PM, did the reverse commute from this morning

I had cabbage and potatoes with roasted chicken for dinner. I saved the chicken bones, I will use them to make a bone broth. For dessert I had 2 kiwis

I also noticed that I lost 5 pounds so far when I weighed myself this morning.

Below is an image of the steps, floors and distance



No comments: