Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Kaizen Day 9, Apr 18 2017

This post is part of my daily kaizen routine, this is day 9 of that routine

Whenever I plan to go to the city I set my alarm to go off at 4 AM. I will always wake up by myself around 3:57 AM, the alarm will almost never go off while I am still sleeping. Today I woke up at 3:45 AM. I decided to get up...what is the point trying to get another 15 minutes of sleep in

I made myself a cold brew coffee the night before and I drank this between 4 and 4:30 AM

I left the house at 4:30 AM, walked to the train station, this took 40 minutes. I caught the 5:20 train, I read about 30 pages of the book When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi . The train arrived at  Newark at 5:55 or so, got on the PATH train and arrived at the World Trade Center station around 6:20. I then walked to the New York Sports Club gym on Broad street and did push-ups, shoulders and triceps as part of my workout. I also did 20 minutes of cardio which burned a total of 226 calories

Got to the office and the view was wonderful, I decided to take a short video from the room where the pool table is. The view is pretty neat, you can see Brooklyn, Staten Island as well as the Freedom Tower

Here is the video in question
A post shared by Denis Gobo (@denisgobo) on


For breakfast I had yogurt with fruit

For lunch I had a burrito bowl from Chipotle
Burrito Bowl



Left the office at 4:30, finished the  book When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi on the train. Walked home from the train station

In the image below, you can see the steps, floors and distance for the day

Steps

So far I have lost around 4 pounds, not too bad for 9 days, this will probably start to slow down soon

No comments: