Friday, May 19, 2017

Kaizen Day 37/38, May 17/18 2017

This post is part of my daily kaizen routine, this is day 37/38 of that routine


May 17th

Got out of bed ad 5:10 AM today, had my coffee and listened to some podcasts. Left the house around 5:45 AM and ran for about 40 minutes
Had some yogurt and fruit for breakfast. Walked the 2.2 miles to the train station and hopped on the shuttle to work

Had a cheese sandwich for lunch

For dinner we had pasta with bolognese sauce


Activity for the day
Total steps:  25,687
Total floors: 7
Total distance: 12.1 miles





May 18th

Whenever I plan to go to the city I set my alarm to go off at 4 AM. I will always wake up by myself around 3:57 AM, the alarm will almost never go off while I am still sleeping. Today I woke up at 3:30 AM. I decided to get up...what is the point trying to get another 15 minutes of sleep in

I made myself a cold brew coffee the night before and I drank this between 4 and 4:30 AM

I left the house at 4:30 AM, walked to the train station, this took 40 minutes. I caught the 5:20 train, I read about 30 pages of the book Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen . The train arrived at  Newark at 5:55 or so, got on the PATH train and arrived at the World Trade Center station around 6:20. It was a beautiful morning, here is a pic I took around 6:20




I then walked to the New York Sports Club gym on Broad street and did shoulders as part of my workout. I also did 24 minutes of cardio which burned a total of 301 calories





For lunch I had a Mediterranean rice bowl




Today it was 91 degrees fahrenheit or 31 degrees celcius, I am so glad I can wear shorts in the office. Meanwhile my team members from Denver had snow..crazy weather...


Dinner was meatless chili

Had also some ice cream for dessert

Activity for the day
Total steps:  24,465
Total floors: 21
Total distance: 12.8 miles

No comments: