Monday, May 22, 2017

Kaizen Day 41 May 21 2017


This post is part of my daily kaizen routine, this is day 41 of that routine



I decided not to go to the gym today. I got up at 5 AM, had my coffee and went for a 2 hour walk since nobody else gets up before 7 AM anyway

It was a beautiful today, a little nippy but nice and bright



Listened to the how stuff works podcast, the episode was about déjà vu

They also discussed something known as jamais vu , this has also been named "vuja de" and "véjà du"

From wikipedia
Jamais vu (from French, meaning "never seen") is a term in psychology which is used to describe any familiar situation which is not recognized by the observer.
Often described as the opposite of déjà vu, jamais vu involves a sense of eeriness and the observer's impression of seeing the situation for the first time, despite rationally knowing that he or she has been in the situation before. Jamais vu is more commonly explained as when a person momentarily does not recognize a word, person, or place that they already know. Jamais vu is sometimes associated with certain types of aphasia, amnesia, and epilepsy.
Theoretically, a jamais vu feeling in a sufferer of a delirious disorder or intoxication could result in a delirious explanation of it, such as in the Capgras delusion, in which the patient takes a known person for a false double or impostor.[37] If the impostor is himself, the clinical setting would be the same as the one described as depersonalisation, hence jamais vus of oneself or of the very "reality of reality", are termed depersonalisation (or surreality) feelings.

The feeling has been evoked through semantic satiation. Chris Moulin of the University of Leeds asked 95 volunteers to write the word "door" 30 times in 60 seconds. 68 percent of the subjects reported symptoms of jamais vu, with some beginning to doubt that "door" was a real word.[37]

I definitely had this happen to me where I would think a word sounded strange, I also had this happen with a person's name. I still remember the name, it was one of my mom's friend, she was named Mira


For breakfast I had some oatmeal with blueberries

I watched parts of a bunch of English Premier League games today, it was the final day and all games were played at the same time


For lunch I made a salad with red pepper, carrots, asparagus, spring salad, onion and kidney beans

Watched Real Madrid win the Spanish league.


For dinner I made some salsa, grilled some chicken, we also had chips and black beans and corn

For dessert I had a cookie and vanilla ice cream



Activity for the day

Total steps:  13,642
Total floors: 10
Total distance: 6.1  miles


No comments: