Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Kaizen Day 36 May 16 2017

This post is part of my daily kaizen routine, this is day 36 of that routine

Today I did not do any workout.  I walked the 2.2 miles to the train station, hopped on the van to get to the office



Today I learned

Gated check ins
We had a meeting today, we talked about builds and someone mentioned Gated Check-in
I had never heard of this term before today, so I went to look it up. I found it on the msdn site: TFS 2010 – An Introduction to Gated Check-in 
When this trigger is selected for a build definition, any check-in that is made to a file that is mapped in the associated workspace will trigger a verification build. If the build succeeds, the changes will be submitted to the repository. If the build fails, the changes are not allowed to be submitted and must be fixed and resubmitted.

Shaking the tree
This term I heard while listening to the dotnetrocks podcast  episode Enterprise Angular and Azure with John Papa

What that means is basically removing dead code from your project, any code that is not used is removed


I had an avocado and a burrito with cherry tomatoes  for lunch

On my walk home from the train station, I noticed a USPS truck that was broken down. Just as I was passing it, this tow truck showed up. I took a picture of it





Dinner was a bean soup made with chicken broth, string beans, zucchini, spinach and tomatoes.

Activity for the day

Total steps:  18,523
Total floors: 9
Total distance: 8.6  miles

No comments: