Thursday, May 4, 2017

Kaizen Day 24, May 4 2017

This post is part of my daily kaizen routine, this is day 24 of that routine

Whenever I plan to go to the city I set my alarm to go off at 4 AM. I will always wake up by myself around 3:57 AM, the alarm will almost never go off while I am still sleeping. Today I woke up at 3:50 AM. I decided to get up...what is the point trying to get another 10 minutes of sleep in

I made myself a cold brew coffee the night before and I drank this between 4 and 4:30 AM

I left the house at 4:30 AM, walked to the train station, this took 40 minutes. I caught the 5:20 train, I read about 30 pages of the book Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen . The train arrived at  Newark at 5:55 or so, got on the PATH train and arrived at the World Trade Center station around 6:20. I then walked to the New York Sports Club gym on Broad street and did back, biceps and legs as part of my workout.

I then walked to the office and snapped this picture below from the 33rd floor




For breakfast I had a burrito, avocado and cherry tomatoes



For lunch, I had something that wasn't too healthy, it was a buffalo chicken steak sandwich


On my way home I saw this cool vehicle at the New York Stock Exchange... I originally though it was a hummer. I is actually a Joint Light Tactical Vehicle

Joint Light Tactical Vehicle

Here is what wikipedia says about this vehicle


The Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) is a United States military (specifically U.S. ArmyUSSOCOM, and U.S. Marine Corps) program to part-replace the Humvee[3] with a family of more survivable vehicles with greater pay load. The JLTV program was approved in 2006 to begin early studies.

On the train ride home I listened to Tim Ferriss podcast show:  Exploring Smart Drugs, Fasting, and Fat Loss — Dr. Rhonda Patrick

Walked the usual 2.2 miles from the train station home

For dinner I had leftovers from the day before, baked ziti, we also had salad

For dessert I had some pineapple and a kiwi


Here is what the activity looks like.... is that half a marathon?

Total steps:  27,498
Total floors: 46
Total distance: 13.1 miles





Looks like I need to tighten the belt by 1 hole any day now, my jeans are starting to get a little loose

No comments: